The BruinCard serves as the official identification card for UCLA students and provides access to various campus services. It functions as an official university ID, debit card, library card, gym pass, meal card, and building access card.
- Appointment and Walk-in Services: The BruinCard office offers both appointment and walk-in services. It is recommended to schedule an appointment to designate a service time and improve the efficiency of your visit.
- Service Hours: The BruinCard office is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. for both appointment and walk-in services.
- First-time Cardholders: If you are an incoming student for the fall, it is advised to apply for a BruinCard at least two weeks prior to the start of your New Student Session. You can visit the BruinCard website and submit a passport quality photo with a plain white background. You will receive an email confirming whether your photo was approved or rejected.
- Continuing Cardholders: If you already have a BruinCard from attending a UCLA Summer Session, you can continue to use that card as a regular UCLA student. However, if you have a BruinCard from a different affiliation with UCLA and your previous card has been unused for one year or more, your card will be considered a first-time BruinCard.
Scheduling a BruinCard Appointment
To obtain a BruinCard, both appointment and walk-in services are available at the BruinCard office located at 123 Kerckhoff Hall. The office is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Scheduling an appointment is highly recommended to ensure a designated service time and enhance the efficiency of the visit.
Requirements for First-time, Replacement, or Exchange BruinCards
To obtain a first-time, replacement, or exchange BruinCard, the following requirements must be met:
- Active university membership
- Approved BruinCard photo on file
- Sufficient BruinCard Easy Pay funds for applicable fees (replacement: $25.00, exchange: $5.00, first-time: free)
- Presentation of a U.S. Government-issued ID during the visit for first-time cards
Failure to meet these requirements may result in the cancellation of the appointment by a BruinCard staff member.
Procedures for Incoming Fall 2023 Students
Incoming Fall 2023 students are encouraged to submit their BruinCard photo online by July 1st. However, they should not visit the BruinCard office or schedule an appointment at this time. Undergraduate students who submit their photo by the deadline will receive their card during orientation. Graduate or special program students may receive specific instructions for obtaining their cards. If no instructions are received, or if the card was not received during undergraduate orientation, students can schedule a BruinCard appointment after September 1, 2023.
The BruinCard is an essential tool for UCLA students, providing access to various campus services and activities. By following the procedures outlined above, students can obtain their BruinCard efficiently and conveniently.
- BruinCard Appointment | BruinCard
- Apply for a BruinCard | Undergraduate Admission
- Bruin ID Cards | UCLA Extension
Where can I get a BruinCard?
The BruinCard office is located at 123 Kerckhoff Hall.
What are the hours of operation for the BruinCard office?
The BruinCard office is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Do I need to make an appointment to get a BruinCard?
Both appointment and walk-in services are available. Scheduling an appointment is recommended to ensure a designated service time and improve the efficiency of the visit.
What are the requirements for getting a BruinCard?
To obtain a BruinCard, you must be an active university member, have an approved BruinCard photo on file, and have sufficient BruinCard Easy Pay funds for applicable fees.
How much does it cost to get a BruinCard?
The cost of a replacement BruinCard is $25.00, an exchange is $5.00, and a first-time BruinCard is free.
What forms of payment are accepted for BruinCard fees?
You can pay with BruinCard Easy Pay funds, credit card, or debit card.
What do I need to bring with me to get a BruinCard?
For first-time cards, you must bring a U.S. Government-issued ID.
How long does it take to get a BruinCard?
If you have an approved BruinCard photo on file and meet all the requirements, you can receive your BruinCard immediately.