The simple future of regular -re verbs is formed by removing the final -e from the infinitive and adding the endings above. For example: vendre – je vendrai – I will sell / I’ll sell. boire – nous boirons – we will drink / we’ll drink.
- What is le futur simple used for?
- What is simple future tense with examples?
- What is future tense used for in French?
- What is called Simple future?
- What is rule of simple future tense?
- What are the 4 types of future tense?
- What is the difference between future simple and futur proche?
- How do you form future tense?
- Is Je vais future tense?
- How do you teach simple future tense?
- What are the two types of future tense in French?
- How many future tenses are there in French?
- Where do I use futur proche?
- What are 5 sentences of future tense?
- Will 10 sentences examples?
What is le futur simple used for?
Le futur simple corresponds to the will-future tense in English. We mostly use this tense to talk about future plans or intentions, as well as to make predictions about what may occur in the future. We conjugate the future tense by adding the endings -ai, -as, -a, -ons, -ez and -ont to the infinitive of the verb.
What is simple future tense with examples?
The simple future tense is used to refer to actions or states that begin and end in the future. These events have not happened yet, but will happen sometime in the future: I will meet her at the mall. The monkeys will eat any bananas that their handlers give them.
What is future tense used for in French?
The future tense is used to express a future action or state, that is, what will happen in a future time. The future tense of regular verbs is formed by adding the endings shown in Table 1. Note that the ending for the je, tu, il, and ils form is the present tense of avoir.
What is called Simple future?
The simple future refers to a time later than now, and expresses facts or certainty. In this case there is no ‘attitude’. The simple future is used: To predict a future event: It will rain tomorrow.
What is rule of simple future tense?
The simple future tense form of the verb should always have two verbs – an auxiliary verb (will) and the base form of the verb. Interrogative sentences start with the helping verb ‘will’ followed by the subject and the base form of the main verb.
What are the 4 types of future tense?
There are four future verb tenses in English.
- Simple future tense.
- Future continuous tense.
- Future perfect tense.
- Future perfect continuous tense.
What is the difference between future simple and futur proche?
The futur proche indicates that the speaker is relatively certain that the future event will actually happen. In contrast, the futur simple indicates that the speaker is less certain of the future event coming to pass.
How do you form future tense?
In English we can form the future tense by putting will or its shortened form ‘ll before the verb.
Is Je vais future tense?
The present tense of the verb aller + the infinitive of the main verb.
How to form the immediate future.
|Subject pronoun||Aller = to go||English|
|tu||vas||You’re going (informal)|
|il/elle/on||va||He is going/She is going/We are going|
|nous||allons||We are going|
How do you teach simple future tense?
Tell students that in order to form the future simple tense we simply add ‘will’ before the root form of the verb. Write some verbs on the board (eat, play, read, write, go, etc.) and show students how to make the future tense by adding ‘will’. For example, ‘I will eat.
What are the two types of future tense in French?
French has two future tenses — the futur proche and the futur simple. The futur proche is formed with the auxiliary aller which is followed by an infinitive (Je vais partir. ‘I’m going to leave’).
How many future tenses are there in French?
The French Future Tense. In French there are two simple ways to talk about something that will happen in the future: Le Futur Proche (near future) and Le Futur (the future). This article will address how to form these two types of future tenses and when to use each of them.
Where do I use futur proche?
We use the futur proche in the following cases:
- to talk about an action that will take place shortly. Example: Christine va partir dans deux secondes. Christine is going to leave in two seconds.
- to talk about a planned action in the near future. Example: Elle va aller au supermarché. She’s going to go to the supermarket.
What are 5 sentences of future tense?
Examples – Future Tense
- She’ll write the e-mail after lunch.
- Don’t lift that. You’ll hurt yourself.
- You dropped your purse. …
- I’ll see you tomorrow.
- You’ll get the answer by post.
- Dan’s going to take the order over to the customer.
- The girls are going to sing ‘Amazing Grace’ now.
- I’ll drive you to your lesson at 4 pm.
Will 10 sentences examples?
To make an offer, a promise or a threat.
- You look tired. I’ll finish the dishes for you.
- I will do my best to help you.
- If you say anything I will kill you!
- I will have it ready by tomorrow.
- I’ll drive you to work if you want.
- Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone. ( won’t = will not)